Trip Highlights of Gosainkunda Trek:
- Exploring freshwater holy lake of Gosainkunda which is sacred Hindu destination, located at an elevation of 4,380 m
- Walking through the rhododendron forest.
- Magnificent views that include the entire Annapurna Range to the left, followed by Mt Manaslu and Ganesh Himal, then by some mountains in the bordering Tibet in the middle and Mt Langtang to the right,
- The floral and faunal biodiversity of the protected area.
- Observe the Tibet Tamang culture of the region, which still holds authenticity of ancient Tibetan culture very firmly
- Opportunity to encounter Red Pandas, Himalayan Black Bear, Himalayan Thar, Ghoral (mountain antelope) and more than 250 species of birds.
- Explore the sacred monasteries like Kayngjin Gompa
- Getting into the wilderness experience of Chisapani trek
- UNESCO world heritage sites tour in Kathmandu
The trip of Langtang Gosainkunda Trek starts as similar to the Langtang Valley Trek. During the trekking holiday in Langtang you will come across numerous spiritual places and Himalayas view points. For the more information regarding the Langtang Valley trip you can check out our Langtang Valley Trek itineraries as well. This is the first phase of the trekking before you head towards the iconic Gosainkunda Lake. The places like Lama Hotel, Ghodatabela, Langtang Valley, Kyangjin Gompa and Kyangjin Ri offers the colorful rhododendron woods, alpine forests, monasteries and panoramic views of mountains as well as memorial chortens. Once you depart from the Langtang trail the journey heads uphill towards the Thulo Syapru. The view of the turquoise lake is mystical. It is believed that Lord Shiva drank all the poison extracted accidently during sea mining to save the world. In pain of keeping poison in his neck he threw his Trishul on the rocks around Gosainkunda. This led to the source of the pure pristine water forming this holy lake. During August the Janaipurnima festival is marked with so much of vibrancy in this part of Langtang. Beyond the Gosainkunda the trekkers reach the small village of Tamang origin of people called Chisapani. This is the short trekking route to take too. The terraced farmlands and villages might interest you before heading back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival (1300m)
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day 03: Kathmandu –Dhunche (1966m)
Day 04: Dhunche to Sing Gompa(3330m): 5 hrs
Day 05: Trek from Sing Gompa to Gosain Kunda (4380m) – 5 hrs
Day 06: Trek from Gosainkunda to Ghopte (3200m) – 6.30 hrs
Day 07: Trek from Ghopte to Kutumsang (2446m) – 6 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Chisapani – 2210m (5-6 hr)
Day 09: Chisapani to Kathmandu (5-6hr)
Day 10: Farewell friend
Physical Conditions and Experience Requirements
10 days of Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is considered as moderate. If you jog or perform morning walks regularly then it would not be any problem for you to walk on the trail. However, it is highly recommended that you should start doing mild exercises one month prior to your trekking date. This would help in creating best Himalayan walking holiday experience. Having said that, it should be noted Technical Skill are not needed. The major hurdle is an altitude. Therefore, person having past medical history of lung, heart and blood diseases are extremely advised to consult your doctor before embarking on this journey.
You can surf through our website for the more information regarding services, altitudes, terrain difficulty and requirements. If you want to know more about Nepalese culture, traditions and other FAQs answers then please feel free to inquire further. Call us any time at Nepal Adventure pilgrimage