Trip Highlights of Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland via Everest Base Camp:
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Lhasa.
- Explore Lhasa, a vibrant city full of history, art and culture
- Visit Tibetan’s landmark like Jokhang Temple which is 1300 old temple, Dalai Lama’s Potala and Norbulingka Palace, Sera Monastery and Drepupng Monastery in Lhasa
- Reach to the Everest Base Camp in Tibet Side.
- Panoramic view of Mt. Everest and rest of the other Himalayan giants.
- Visit the Rongbuk Monastery, the highest monastery in the world.
- Explore the UNESCO world heritage sites within Kathmandu valley.
- Visit the numerous heritages sites and observe the lifestyle and culture of Tibetans and Nepalese.
Travelers can choose to take route of Kathmandu or directly fly to Lhasa the capital of China ruled Tibet. This plateau is also considered as the roof of the world and renowned for the various monasteries, palaces and Dalai Lama legacy. Kathmandu Lhasa Overland Tour via Everest Base Camp package gets underway with sightseeing in Lhasa. The place is stupendous as travelers get the glimpse of entire Lhasa from the balcony of iconic Potala Palace. This palace used to be the political administration center during Dalai Lama regime. Various monasteries and pagodas around Lhasa too are visited during Lhasa sightseeing.
Travelers then take the bus drive route towards Rongbuk Monastery which is the oldest monastery of the world. The route to the monastery encompasses other iconic cities of Tibet Shigatse and Gyantse. After half an hour of walking you can reach the Everest Base Camp. Enjoy your time being at the foothill of world’s tallest mountain Mt. Everest (8848 m). From this place travelers will come back to Kathmandu overland via Khasa route. The road trip will also be spectacular and mesmerizing due to an amazing landscape.
Book the Kathmandu Lhasa Overland Tour via Everest Base Camp holiday package and bless yourself with the delightful places of Tibet.
Outline ItineraryDay 01: Kathmandu Arrival (1300m).
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing.
Day 03: Driving to Lhasa (3,650 m/11,972ft)
Day 04: Lhasa sightseeing: Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace and Tibet Museum: 5-6 hours
Day 05: Lhasa Sightseeing: Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Bazaar: 5-6 hours
Day 06: Lhasa to Gyantse (3,950m/12,956ft) via Karo La Pass and Yamdrok Tso Lake: 325km, 5-6 hours
Day 07 Gyantse to Shigatse (3,900m/12,795ft) via Shalu Monastery: 95km, 2 hours
Day 08: Shigatse to Rongbuk (5,000m/16,400ft) via Sakya Monastery: 355km, 8-9 hours
Day 09: Rongbuk to Zhangmu (2,300m/7,544ft) via Everest Base Camp: 257km, 5-6 hours
Day 10: Zhangmu to Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft): 153km,4-5 hours
Day 11: We will transfer you airport as per your flight time